Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lanterns and Lights Poured in the Night

Every time I stroll through Chinatown I pick up something new. I pull a detail from each experience such as; the further you go along Grant street the item you probably already bought near the gate is sold at a lesser price, that the lion dancing mural is just around a corner, and my favorite pseudo firecrackers I've played since childhood is sold 5 boxes for $1. Each time everything becomes more familiar, each time a little less concerned with being lost, each time curious and stopping for moments to reflect & view than worry about the destination, which of course for the night was to get bubble tea. 

Not completely dark, nor completely light out.  The unclosed shops shine brightly on Grant.

With the sky a medium colored blue, here is the intersection where I plan on coming back to take a longer look. 

A deep sapphire blue, it marks in contrast with the red lanterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment