Friday, November 14, 2014

November Beginnings: The Cinema

The Cinema


My favorite kind of movie theaters induce a cozy intimate vibe that makes me feel at home, yet ultimately transported into a different world at the same time.  Adding to my list of favorite local theaters is Landmark Cinema at the Opera Plaza shown above and below.  With no flamboyant sign on the streets, this gem is deep in the plaza, surrounded by other lovely restaurants and shops.

November began with three consecutive days to the cinema, with three very different experiences.

Day One:
I mistakenly went to Landmark Embarcadero Theaters (another awesome theater) instead of the Opera Plaza, and decided to catch the Birdman film instead.
                           

White Bird In A Blizzard
Day Two:
I set out to catch White Bird In A Blizzard, which I meant to see for a while : a story about a teenage girl dealing with her life and newfound sexuality during the disappearance of her mother.  The film shows how she copes with her mothers long disappearance in a beautiful picture.
Mirror play with the film camera



By coincidence, I met the main character of the film Keep On Keeping On who was among his group of friends outside of the theater.  I happened to be outside the theater, taking the exact photo above, when they asked me to take a group photo of them.  I said of course, and thus began the chatter, and the cool fact that he was in the movie.  The film was only going to be shown that weekend, so I had to go the next day. Which comes to...



Day 3:

I loved Keep On Keepin' On!  It was such an uplifting and inspiring film.  For any jazz lovers and anyone in a feel-good mood, I recommend this film.









No comments:

Post a Comment